Friday, May 13, 2011

Multiply also works...

The last untested electronic component is the multiplication module. I plugged it in and it appears to work in all four quadrants. It did take a lot of patch cords to set it up, since you have to feed it both a signal and the negative of the signal to multiply. Hence, it took two amplifiers just to negate the inputs. But, it appears to work. I needs to be calibrated, of course. This is the last major module to plug in and the monster will be all working, though there is at least one amplifier that is still wonky. I won an auction for a function generator today, so I can test them all properly.

Note the simple service shelf I made.

I did get the x-square module calibrated and tested it a couple days later to ensure it was holding calibration. It works perfect and has been installed. I wrote a post about that at the time, but blogger ate it in the great crash they had and it has not come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment